Financial Controller - VR/16180
Financial Controller opportunity with global oil service company. Responsible for ensuring financial control across the group and coordinating global compliance in relation to tax, statutory audit, treasury, banking and financial records. Report to the Group Controller on tax compliance, financial forecasting, business performance and ad hoc reporting.
- Sound knowledge of and adherence to business framework and governance.
- Supporting the Group Controller in ensuring procedures in place to enable compliance with financial reporting and corporate governance requirements.
- Developing and maintaining finance models sufficient to meet the needs of the business to enable accurate forecasting and budgeting.
- Enabling the Group to comply with all tax legislation for every tax jurisdiction in which it operates.
- Ensuring accurate and timely cash management including collection of debt and settlement of liabilities.
- Supporting the Operational Leadership Team and/or other Management Forums completing specific focused tasks, to support the continuing improvement in operational excellence and the long-term company strategy.
- Ensuring that the Group accounting complies with all relevant accounting standards both within the UK and local overseas requirements.
- Being responsible for the consistency of accounting policies across the Group.
- Ensuring Key Internal Control mechanisms are identified and documented and ensuring compliance is monitored at a Business Unit and Group level.
- Responsible for the collation, review and submission of all corporation tax computations.
- Reviewing Group tax compliance with UK and regional Tax Advisors to ensure any tax legislation changes are identified and advising the relevant Business Units of any potential tax planning opportunities or legislation changes.
- Responsible for the collation, review and submission of all direct tax returns (GST, VAT).
- Responsible for the review of personal tax compliance procedures (re expenses, ex gratia or ad-hoc payments, non-cash benefits, entertaining) to ensure the Group accounting procedures correctly identify and record personal and corporate employment tax liabilities.
- Developing monthly reporting framework to advise the Board, shareholders and investors in relation to financial matters.
- Establishing Group reporting timetable within which all Business Units will operate.
- Assisting the Group Controller in the development of relevant and informative financial models to assist the Business Units and Group in its reporting and forecasting performance.
- Overseeing the preparation of monthly operational reporting.
- Overseeing the collation of monthly consolidated accounts within required timelines.
- Ensuring that the Group forecast is updated every month.
- Ensuring that quarterly forecast is completed and report on the reasons for variances.
- Managing the process for collating financial input for the operating plan and the annual budget.
- Controlling preparation of the year-end statutory accounts.
- Managing the year-end audit process with the external Auditors.
- Responsible for reporting all bank covenant compliance requirements.
- Ensuring all accurate and timely recording of transactions to ensure completeness of company accounting records.
- Weekly group cash management and cash forecasting.
- Reviewing foreign exchange requirements.
- Ensuring operation within banking covenants and finance facilities.
- Providing ad-hoc support to the Group Controller and Finance Director as required.
- Coaching and personal development of staff.
- Developing formal training plan to ensure all finance staff receive adequate induction to Group policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Essential Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience with strong compliance orientation.
- Experience within multi-regional group finance function.
- Experience of managing teams.
- Use of Excel for financial modelling.
- Sound understanding of IFRS / UK GAAP Experience of UK and Non UK tax compliance.