Quantity Surveyor - VR/16443
We are working with our client, a reputable civil engineering firm based in Aberdeenshire, to source a Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis.
The primary responsibilities of this role will include:
- Preparing tender and contractual documents, including BOQs and financial forecasts.
- Costs analysis and reporting on project work.
- Establishing client requirements and undertaking budget cost studies which reflect these requirements.
- Performing risk / value management and cost control.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Obtaining quotations and preparing sub contract documents for subcontractors.
- Advising on the preparation of contractual claims.
- Preparing interim valuations, final accounts and arranging payments.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Maintaining document logs and registers.
- Liaising with contract staff, suppliers and clients.
- Implementing and maintaining company procedures and contract administrative systems.
Applicants to this role should offer the following experience:
- Proven track record of project delivery.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working as a Quantity Surveyor or Estimator.
- Educated to at least HND level in Quantity Surveying.
- Strong Commercial acumen.
- Experience of Construction / Civils industry.