Inventory Accountant required ASAP for an oil operator based in Kingswells. This is a temporary role to run to the end of 2018 initially.
This role exists to provide accounting support and guidance to the Aberdeen Support Functions (Supply Chain Management (SCM), HSE&A, IT).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and reporting on circa £120M of Inventory balances.
- Working with Drilling and Operations Accountants and SCM colleagues to ensure accurate recording of Inventory materials.
- Ensuring that existing processes are kept up to date and followed.
- Reconciliation of Inventory balances.
- Monitoring balances and working with SCM on timely repair / disposal of obsolete or surplus materials.
- Working with Inventory Management Teams on Annual Physical Counts, reviewing and validating reconciliation and verifying count results are transacted correctly in the accounts.
- Validating AFDs raised by SCM Department, ensuring accuracy of cost information, sufficiency of back-up and notification of joint venture partners as required.
- Maintaining accounting policies and procedures for the Inventory Repair, Obsolescence and Capital / Insurance / Critical Spares.
- Materials Inventory Status Reports including Repairs, Obsolescence, Scrap and Write-offs.
- Preparing invoices relating to inventory sales.
- Familiarisation and reviewing contracts relevant to areas of responsibility to ensure contract compliance where relevant.
A full job description is available. Experience in a similar role essential. SAP experience desirable.