Project Engineer - VR/18989
Currently recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeenshire.
The Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of detailed quotations for project related enquiries, including the compilation of all relevant engineering, manufacturing and assembly / testing costs.
- Responsible for creating and managing project plan, budget and contract milestones.
- Responsible for reporting on project progress, cost budget and resources.
- Coordination of all technical documentation, which may be required for the bid submission, such as drawings and operational procedures.
- Participate in design / operational reviews associated with project deliverables.
- Chair project kick-off meetings upon award of contract.
- Prepare field survey work packs and resource.
- Coordination of all technical documentation required for the project including engineering drawings, test procedures, operational procedures and risk assessments.
- Attend client meetings and HAZOP’s as required.
- Ensure drawings and associated documents are received in a timely manner from engineering to meet project delivery schedule.
- Ensure purchase requisitions are raised for all manufacturing and assembly components, which are required for the project.
- Ensure item requirement and manufacturing request forms are issued for all components associated with the project.
- Ensure drawings are issued to manufacturing department in a timely manner to meet key project dates.
- Write all necessary ‘in house’ testing procedures relative to each project undertaken.
- Ensure assembly and test request forms are raised and assembly / test work pack is issued to workshop.
- Coordinate visits by client or 3rd party test inspection for witnessing testing activities.
- Lead project risk management activities.
- Write operational procedures for offshore scope of supply.
- Follow management of change process.
- Compile mobilisation list and advise operations on deployment requirement for offshore personnel.
- Assist with field deployment as required.
- Ensure manufacturing record books, when required, are compiled.
- Prepare close-out and revenue reports upon completion of project.
Experience / Qualifications / Skills:
- A BSc / BEng Degree qualification in a Mechanically biased subject / discipline would be preferred.
- Chartered membership of IMechE, or similar, would be advantageous.
- Previous and specific experience in a Project Engineer type role within a manufacturing / workshop / service environment, within the Oil and Gas Industry, is essential.
- Topside / Process / Pipeline / Subsea experience would be advantageous.
- A mechanical or fabrication engineering qualification would be preferred and applicants will be expected to possess a strong practical / hands-on background within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Strong client liaison and financial awareness skills are essential.
- Sound technical writing skills are essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess sound IT skills with typical MS Office packages, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Experience with the Microsoft AX system would be advantageous.