Project Coordinator (Estimating/Procurement) - VR/18999
Our client, a leader in their field within the construction industry, has a requirement for a Project Coordinator to join their team in Aberdeen on a permanent basis. This role will focus on Project Estimation and Procurement.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the preparing of information, offers and technical proposals in the estimating and procurement phases of the business, as well as managing the project budget and margins. This will also involve the procurement of materials and services to fulfil project scopes and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing technical offers for projects throughout the UK.
- Attending pre-tender, post-tender, sales, pre-contract and project handover meetings as required.
- Providing technical guidance and advising customers on the company product range and services to fulfil project scope.
- Managing the project sign off and procurement milestones.
- Preparing technical details ensuring specifications and services are aligned to project scope and client requirements.
- Procuring materials and services from the UK supply chain and company factories.
- Cost planning, commercial management - including valuations, variation management and final accounts of the projects from inception to completion.
- Full accountability for the project outcome and commercials.
- Managing client requests for quotations in conjunction with Sales Support Teams.
- Reviewing contact documents, drawings and specifications and prepare a brief review on project material and service requirements, considering risks and commercial challenges.
- Managing key stakeholders on the tasks and timeline to ensure project critical paths are met.
- Preparing detailed schedule of quantities, contract scope, qualifications, supplementary drawings and any queries for project prestart / let meetings.
- Attending design and prestart meetings to finalise package, specifications, services and costs are in line with project and employer requirements.
- Driving customer approval for manufacture and procurement of materials and services.
- Ordering and planning materials and services from the supply chain to satisfy project scope in line with current regulations and legislation.
- Providing technical support and advice to ongoing projects.
- Managing project budget and margins.
- Building relationships with the key stakeholders through proactive meetings and planned entertainment drives.