Currently recruiting for an experienced Technical Manager - Radiography on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Aberdeen
The Technical Manager – Radiography will be responsible for the management of all aspects of radiography from a safety and legal perspective to safe storage, and ensuring operational readiness. The Technical Manager – Radiography will also be responsible for managing technician competency assessments in-house, as well as the maintenance and certification of all inspection equipment.
The Technical Manager – Radiography will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the inspection stores and inspection plant logistics operations.
- Responsible for the review and storage of Radiographs and Radiographic Reports.
- Responsible for the management and storage of all electronic data and digital images.
- Responsible for training and familiarisation of CR and DR to all current Radiographers.
- Responsible for the set-up and software calibration of inspection equipment prior to mobilisation.
- Responsible for managing and performing all onshore radiography and NDT testing for clients.
- Assisting in R&D requirements.
- Responsible for managing in-house NDT Competency Assessments, both theoretical and practical.
- Regular dialog and engagement with the company nominated Radiation Protection Advisor, Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor(s), SEPA Advisor(s) and CTSA Advisor, including scheduling and leading associated internal / external audits with the aforementioned advisories.
- Delivering Rad Assist training when required.
- Performing onshore and offshore Rad Technical Audits.
- Responsible for the company appointment of Radiation Protection Supervisors.
- Responsible and accountable for the management of radioactive isotopes and containers.
- Accountable for Euratom return information to the European Commission (DU – Depleted Uranium records).
- Accountable for recording of daily isotope, dose rate and full site security checks.
- Compiling NDT and client specific procedures when required.
- Responsible for the classified worker process.
- Responsible for the management of SEPA and EA licenses.
- Ensuring local rules and Rad Bay local rules are current and up-to-date.
- Responsible for managing all site Rad returns.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Previous and specific experience in a similar Technical Manager – Radiography type role within the oil and gas industry is essential.
- Experience of Conventional, Computed and Digital Radiography is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess previous experience in a Senior Radiation Protection Supervisor type role.
- Current Level 3 Radiography ISO 9712 certification is essential.
- Current and valid Offshore Survival, MIST and UKOOA Medical certification is essential.
- Current and up-to-date conventional NDT qualifications would be advantageous.