Currently recruiting for an experienced Production Programmer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas Operator based in Aberdeen.
Working within the Operations, Production and Maintenance function, the Production Programmer will provide short-term production forecasting and analysis support to the Hub teams, and will be responsible for the collation and analysis of loss data. The Production Programmer will also monitor and maintain consents in accordance with Oil and Gas Authority requirements.
The Production Programmer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining compliance with the Production Loss Management process and Loss Categorisation.
- Validating loss data and maintaining compliance with the Locked-In-Potential process.
- Ensuring that the Production Loss database is maintained accurately and comprehensively.
- Providing quality information and analysis in support of Production Loss reduction.
- Identifying, through reporting, short / medium-term opportunities for Production Optimisation.
- Developing short-term production forecasts (90 days).
- Identifying and understanding threats and opportunities to Production Forecasting.
- Identifying improvement opportunities within the Production Loss Management process and Loss Categorisation.
- Preparing and submitting tanker lifting forecasts and Forties Pipeline System nominations.
- Preparing and submitting data for Production Efficiency reporting (internal and external).
- Monitoring and providing Production Reliability and Availability assumptions.
- Monitoring actual Flare and Vent volumes against consent levels and advising Asset Hub teams.
- Preparing, submitting and managing Annual Flare and Vent Consent applications.
- Preparing, submitting and managing Production Consent applications.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HND qualification in an Engineering discipline, or related subject, or an equivalent level of experience in a similar role is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Production Programmer type role within the Oil and Gas Industry is essential.
- Significant experience within an Oil and Gas operations environment is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an Oil and Gas Operator, would be preferred.
- A sound understanding of subsurface technology and artificial lift techniques would be preferred.