Currently recruiting for an experienced Systems Engineer (Shutdown) on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in Aberdeen. The contract will officially run through until the end of November 2019; however, the project is envisaged to last until around October 2020, therefore there could be scope for the contract being extended.
Specialising in Systems and Controls, the Systems Engineer (Shutdown) will support the delivery of critical upgrades to the existing ABB Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS), which will be carried out in the 2020 shutdown period.
Although the position will be based in Aberdeen, there will be a requirement for occasional offshore trips, as well as visits to contractor offices. Therefore, applicants must be willing to work offshore.
The Systems Engineer (Shutdown) will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinating and controlling all systems engineering activities within the project scope and ensure that they are carried out in accordance with company procedures, recommendations and statutory requirements.
- Providing the technical expertise for the project activities.
- Attending at project meetings.
- Monitoring contractor performance and providing feedback to Project Management.
- Being fully aware of contract requirements and that these are applied to works.
- Reviewing / approving contractors’ deliverables such as design specifications and drawings.
- Identifying any outstanding design issues.
- Expediting company technical responses to contractors’ technical queries.
- Assisting with the preparation of technical documentation.
- Reviewing and attending the qualification, FAT and SAT of software and equipment.
- Assisting with the preparation of pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures.
- Contributing systems technical knowledge to operational procedures.
- Liaising with head office and local technical authorities on system engineering topics and issues.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline is essential.
- FSEng certification would be preferred.
- Significant systems engineering experience – including the preparing and reviewing of procedures, specifications and technical reports – is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Systems Engineer type role, directly with an oil and gas operator, would be preferred.
- Experience of control and safety system testing methodologies is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of ABB systems and upgrading, covering the following areas, would be advantageous:
- SC400 and AC410 controller migration to 800xA series products.
- 800xA controller system upgrades from Version 5 to Version 6.
- Implementation of cyber security requirements to meet OG86 specifications.
- Design and operation of HMI.
- Network infrastructure design, specification, construction and performance experience would be preferred.
- Experience with / knowledge of the following engineering disciplines: Instrumentation, Topsides Controls, HIPs (High Integrity Protective Systems) is essential.
- Valid / current offshore certification, or a willingness to obtain, is essential.