Accounts Receivable Specialist - VR/19285
Our client based in Aberdeen is looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join their team on a permanent basis. Candidates should have 4-5 years’ experience within a similar role, Oil and Gas experience is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that all contract setup policies, processes, and procedures are followed to ensure invoices are generated at correct billing rates and per terms of the contract.
- Ensuring proper supporting documentation is provided for all orders.
- Creating and managing customer orders; verify accuracy of the order information; following up on missing documentation, executing month-end edits and validations in preparation for billing.
- Analysing and interpreting customer contracts using independent judgement and escalating when assistance is required.
- Processing new order, change of service, service removal requests, rig moves, and order updates.
- Managing Master Data in Financial Systems.
- Monitoring and following up with Legal regarding early terminations.
- Coordinating with Project Management at job initiation and job close to ensure proper documentation.
- Providing guidance to other team members and departments regarding contract set-up and billing.
- Through the use of reports and regular team meetings, maintaining contract data, to ensure billing is processed timely and accurately.
- Adhering to Revenue Recognition Policy to ensure that all revenue is posted in the correct period.
- Applying appropriate Tax parameters as per the Tax Departments guidance.
- Ensuring relevant backup is attached to all invoices.
- Reviewing or raising credit memorandums, completing credit memo pack and submitting for approval.
- Rendering all invoices within 2 business days and notifying your Supervisor of any reason why invoices cannot be rendered.
- Collaborating with the Collections Department to resolve billing disputes. Providing investigation swiftly resolve / correct any billing errors.
- Providing support as required for the unbilled analysis at Period End.
- Collectively working with the Order to Cash Team to consistently meet organisational DSO performance goals.