Currently recruiting for an experienced Operations Superintendent on a maternity cover contract basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
The contract will likely last up to 13 months and although this is an onshore based position, there could be the occasional requirement to travel offshore, therefore applicants must be willing to do this.
The Operations Superintendent will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Acting as the Line Manager for the asset Onshore Support Team and act as the Deputy to the Asset Manager.
- Ensuring the ongoing, safe operation of asset operations in line with fiscal, quality and environmental guidelines and company procedures, pertaining to the Company’s obligations as Duty Holder.
- Reviewing, assessing and progressing operational issues through to completion.
- Ensuring that asset operations are effectively carried out within agreed operational budgets.
- Managing and coordinating installation modifications and operations queries in conjunction with the Asset Manager.
- Supporting the Asset Manager in implementing agreed maintenance strategies for nominated installations.
- Liaising with Discipline Engineers, as well as other departmental and external parties when required, to ensure that operational issues requiring attention outside own capabilities are adequately addressed in a safe and timely manner.
- Liaising with planning personnel and the Offshore Management Team regarding the installation look ahead planning (short and long-term) to ensure that conflict and clashes in the work programme do not occur. Ensuring that, where appropriate, work packs and materials are delivered offshore in a timely manner in line with planning requirements.
- Liaising with the Offshore Management Team by attending daily telephone conference calls with nominated offshore installation.
- Attending safety related meetings to represent the vessel, e.g. HAZOPs, Risk Assessments, where appropriate.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess the full suite of current / valid offshore certification.
- Previous experience in a similar Operations Superintendent type role within the Oil and Gas Industry is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an Oil and Gas Operator, would be highly desirable.