Subsea Electronics Engineer - VR/19360
Currently recruiting for an experienced onshore Subsea Electronics Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a large Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
The Subsea Electronics Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for shore-based support relating to BOP, Subsea and Well Control Electronic systems.
- Providing support to offshore Subsea Electronic personnel.
- Supervising repair and maintenance activities, relating to subsea electronic equipment and associated topside controls.
- Ensuring that equipment failures are properly investigated, root causes are identified and remedial action is taken, in order to ensure reliability.
- Ensuring offshore Subsea personnel are informed of any fleet wide issues, product bulletins and safety alerts.
- Advising on preventative maintenance strategies, relating to subsea / surface well control electronic systems.
- Coordinating and executing BOP / Well Control System upgrade and modification projects.
Qualifications / Experience:
- An Engineering Degree qualification in Electronic Engineering, or another relevant discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar Subsea Electronics Engineer type role within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Previous experience in the design review, maintenance and troubleshooting of Electronic Control systems.
- Membership of a Professional Institute and working towards Incorporated / Chartered Status.
- Previous experience in the design, review, maintenance and troubleshooting of Subsea Electronic Control systems, and ideally, ROV systems as well.
- Experience / knowledge in the following areas:
- Solenoids, actuators, transducers and sensors, as utilised in subsea electronic control systems;
- Components and instrumentation, as utilised for power distribution, including Transformers, UPS and Batteries;
- Subsea umbilical cables;
- Subsea electrical cables and connectors; and
- Delivery and execution of subsea electronics projects and upgrades.