Mechanical Design Engineer - VR/19403
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing Company products from initial concept stage through to production in a professional and time efficient manner.
- Producing 3D CAD models and detail drawings to provide solutions in accordance with client requirements.
- Producing technical reports, detailing work completed and the products produced. This includes, but is not limited to, engineering calculations, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and CFD.
- Assisting in the development of company design systems, standards and procedures.
- Contributing development ideas for new and existing products.
- Working to tight deadlines, supporting work for proposals and projects.
- An Engineering Degree qualification in a Mechanical or Structural discipline. A Mechanical Engineering Degree qualification would be preferred.
- Alternatively, an HND qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ mechanical design engineering experience.
- Chartered Engineering status, or working towards.
- A minimum of 3 years’ design engineering experience within a fast-paced engineering design environment, preferably obtained within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Previous experience of using FEA and 3D CAD software.
- 5 years’ plus mechanical engineering design experience.
- Experience with CFD.
- CFD experience using Ansys CFX.
- Thermal and mechanical FEA experience in Ansys.
- Autodesk Inventor and Meridian experience.
- Experience in Mathcad.
- Experience of designing buoyancy products.