Legal Advisor - VR/19414
Permanent Legal Advisor required for Oil Operator based in Kingswells.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of contracts relating to Company’s oil and gas operations in the UKCS.
- Providing advice on upstream oil and gas agreements, including licencing, joint operating, oil sales, farm out, proximity and crossing, asset purchases and sales and decommissioning security agreements.
- Supporting the Legal Manager, Senior Legal Advisor and Development Projects Manager / team in relation to development projects.
- Providing legal advice on compliance and petroleum licencing matters.
- Assisting the Legal Manager and Senior Legal Advisor in providing counsel to the business primarily working with Commercial, joint venture, development, asset management (both operated and non-operated) and supply chain teams at all levels.
- Interfacing with other oil and gas companies, contracting companies, regulatory authorities and external lawyers.
- Keeping updated with legal developments in all relevant areas.
- Providing support and working with all departments within the UK Business Unit and liaising with Legal, Finance and Business Development function in Company’s Corporate office in London.
- Qualified to practice as a solicitor in England, Wales or Scotland.
- Experience practicing as a lawyer, either in house or law firms.
- Solid upstream oil and gas legal experience, including UKCS experience.