UK Customs Compliance Manager - VR/18926
Our client is seeking a Customs Compliance Manager to oversee compliance with HMRC, BEIS and other regulations. This is a 15-month contract to cover maternity leave.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing logistics, customs and compliance procedures.
- Overseeing efforts for continuous process improvement.
- Carrying out internal and external audits in line with Global Trade Compliance.
- Monitoring all customs compliance as per HMRC legislation. Implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Providing training to company business units on Logistics and Customs Compliance.
- Supporting tendering activities in customs and compliance matters.
- Keeping abreast of trade compliance activities within the UK, ensuring proper licensing and documentation are in place.
- Investigating all import and export discrepancies.
- Ensuring all monthly reports are processed in a timely manner.
- Carrying out annual appraisals for Direct Report Line.
Applicants to this role should offer the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working with HMRC procedures and regulations.
- The ability to advise on UK trade compliance.
- Strong knowledge of logistics processes.
- The ability to lead, encourage and develop a team.