Design Draughtsperson - VR/19443
Currently recruiting for an experienced Design Draughtsperson on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Aberdeenshire.
Reporting to the Lead Design Draughtsperson, the Design Draughtsperson will be responsible for producing detailed 3D models and for completing 2D drawing packages, suitable for manufacturing and assembly.
The Design Draughtsperson will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing general arrangement drawings, assembly drawings, manufacturing drawings, bill of materials and proposal drawings for all types of company products.
- Helping in the preparation and maintenance of design documentation packages for technical records and submission to verification bodies for approvals.
- Ensuring drawings are produced to meet project requirements, deadlines and quality standards.
- Effective interfacing with Design Engineers and Project Engineers.
- Creating new part numbers for bought in items, as per company standards, and assisting in documenting them in the ERP system.
- Previous and specific experience in a Design Draughtsperson type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in 3D modelling, as well as with the generation of production drawings from models, is essential.
- Previous experience with Autodesk Inventor would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to be able to update existing calculations to suit new sizes in a product range.
- This role would suit an experienced Design Draughtsperson who possesses recent design experience in a manufacturing / fabrication / assembly type environment within the oil and gas industry.