Currently recruiting for an experienced IT Support Analyst / Technician on a permanent staff basis for a food production company based in Aberdeen.
This isn’t a purely desk-based position and the role will also involve working on the factory floor of an Abattoir environment, therefore applicants must be comfortable with this. The role will also involve travel to other company sites in Cornwall and Wales for training / holiday cover purposes, therefore applicants must be prepared to do this.
The IT Support Analyst / Technician will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- 1st and 2nd level support to a busy office and factory production user base of 300+ personnel spread across 4 sites in the UK.
- Providing support in the cabling and maintenance of the existing IT and telecommunications networks, as well as user administration (e.g. setting up new users in Active Directory and Exchange). Delivering user training and support for new starters.
- Providing problem diagnosis for MS Office software and bespoke industry applications.
- Delivering outstanding customer service standards by answering all calls promptly, remaining courteous and professional, whilst taking ownership of and managing incidents through to resolution.
- Carrying out general departmental administration. This includes usage of ITIL service desk software / asset database (CMDB), for the purposes of handling purchasing, licensing and resource allocation management.
- Previous experience in a similar IT Support Analyst / Engineer / Technician type role is essential.
- The client is ideally looking to take on someone who has around 1-3 years’ worth of overall IT support experience.
- Previous experience with Window Servers is essential.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy and basic scripting is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess knowledge of network patching, switches, TCP / IP, VLANS and wireless installations.
- Knowledge of VMWare and storage systems would be beneficial.
- Previous Linux experience would be preferred.