Draughtsperson - VR/19582
Currently recruiting for an experienced Draughtsperson on a permanent staff basis for an Oil & Gas company based in Aberdeen.
The Draughtsperson will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing general arrangement, machining, fabrication and proposal drawings and BOM’s in line with company standards.
- Performing dimensional checks of other Draughtsperson’s drawings to ensure they are correct and done to the required company standard.
- Creating and checking part numbers in MRP software.
- Creating and checking product datasheets.
- Revising existing drawings, datasheets and part numbers as required.
- Liaising with Mechanical Design Engineers, Machine Shop, Welding, QA and Sales Departments for verification of manufacturing drawings.
- Drafting of accurate product profiles, or 3D models, for the purposes of engineering analysis work and machine shop programming.
- Ensuring all records are kept up to date and in line with company standards.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HNC / HND qualification in a mechanical / structural discipline is essential.
- Previous and extensive experience in a similar Draughtsperson type role, within the Oil & Gas Industry, is essential.
- Experience of working with AutoCAD is essential.
- Experience of using a CAD management system, such as Autodesk Vault, or similar, is essential.
- Experience in creating part numbers and BOM’s in MRP software is essential.
- Previous experience of working with AutoCAD Inventor would be desirable.
- Applicants will be expected to possess an excellent understanding of geometry and drawing principles, as well as machining tolerances and dimensioning principles.