Electrical Design Engineer - VR/19455
Currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil & Gas company based in Aberdeenshire.
Reporting to the Technical Excellence Group Lead, the Electrical Design Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing, implementing, maintaining and improving electrical systems for control and operation of equipment and new projects.
- Directing and coordinating manufacturing, construction maintenance, support and documentation and testing activities to ensure compliance with specification, codes and customer requirements.
- Providing technical assistance to electrical equipment problems at company facilities.
- Identifying and implementing engineered solutions through Management of Technical Change.
- Using computer assisted engineering design software to perform engineering design.
- Working closely with other disciplines, such as Controls and Hydraulics design, for upkeep and equipment evolution.
- Ensuring electrical schematics are accurate for all equipment and projects.
- Production of specifications and reports within agreed timescales.
- Project managing build and equipment upgrade projects.
- Keeping abreast of Industry developments in electrical and control systems, and ensuring the Company remain at the forefront.
- Reviewing and enhancing existing electrical systems and control systems to ensure Company equipment is state of the art.
- Development and documenting electrical maintenance programmes to allow maximum equipment utility and ensuring operational and maintenance checks are carried out on Company equipment prior to deployment, in accordance with documented procedures and checklists.
- Discovering, developing and managing subcontract electrical service providers, as necessary.
- Together with relevant personnel, developing testing, certification and qualification regimes for all Company equipment.
- Developing and implementing budgets and budget controls for electrical design and build programmes.
- Ensuring design documentation, drawings and specifications are fully competent and accurate.
- Scheduling of electrical operations to fulfil project and capital expenditure equipment requirements.
- Overseas trips, as required, to support operational requirements.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in an Engineering discipline is essential and a Degree qualification in an Electrical / Electronics Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- Chartered Engineering status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ electrical design engineering experience, within the Oil & Gas Industry, is essential.
- Extensive experience in the design and development of electrical & control systems is essential.