Contracts Specialist - VR/19774
Our client, a global leader in oil and gas technologies, has a vacancy for an experienced Contracts Specialist to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the UK Contracts Manager, the Contracts Specialist is primarily responsible for tendering, contract administration and ensuring that all commercial activities are carried out in accordance with the company principles and values.
Duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensuring that individual contracts are aligned with the company contracting strategy.
- Assisting with the development of proposals strategies and coordinate the contractual and commercial submission of tenders.
- Providing commercial and contractual support to the project team on client contract and subcontract management.
- Managing contract and subcontract administration activities from start-up to close-out.
- Maintaining accurate records of all project contractual and commercial documentation.
- Preparing and reviewing proposals to instigate formal dispute resolution; providing contractual advice and supporting in the assessment and preparation of claims.
- Recommending the most appropriate qualifications for each type of contract which support the company contracting strategy.
- Qualifying contracts in accordance with contracting principles.
- Appraising suppliers and developing bidder lists.
- Developing, maintaining and delivering project procurement plan.
- Coordinating subcontract ITT packages, including the administration and evaluation of tender submissions.
- Utilising industry standard terms and conditions; including drafting, negotiation and execution of subcontracts.
- Liaising with Cost Control to maintain accurate financial forecasting.
- Interfacing with Planning to establish schedules, monitor progress and assess change.
- Participating in audits to provide internal controls and ensure compliance with internal and regulatory governance and risk management.
- Determining the financial status of clients and suppliers.
- Mitigating risk through contract management from tender to close-out.