Our client is a leading subsea services specialist - they have a new vacancy for a Contracts Engineer to join their Commercial Team on a permanent basis.
As Contracts Engineer, you will be responsible for providing contractual and commercial support to ensure that the company is mitigating its contractual / commercial risk and optimising its project delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highlighting any major contractual or commercial risks and work to ensure the optimum solution.
- Working with Project Manager to provide commercial summaries and update the Risk and Opportunity Register.
- Facilitating project bonds, guarantees and insurances.
- Attending weekly project team meetings.
- Providing input to the monthly project report for Executive review.
- Assisting with project cost report and forecasting.
- Managing contractual change where required; negotiating and executing of all amendments.
- Negotiating contractual claims where necessary.
- Working with Project and Procurement Teams to populate a subcontracts and procurement plan.
- Liaising with other departments to develop scopes of work for inclusion in ITT documents.
- Covering commercial / contractual aspects of tendering, evaluating, negotiating, awarding and managing all subcontracts.
- Negotiating any disputes on subcontractor invoices.
Applicants to this role should offer previous experience in a similar role, ideally within the oil & gas industry. It is essential that you have contractual knowledge and analytical skills.