Our client has a requirement for a Buyer to work with them on a temporary basis for a period of approximately 6 months.
The Buyer is responsible for the efficient procurement of project-related requirements whilst ensuring compliance with company processes.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Selecting potential suppliers, requesting bids where necessary and evaluating quotations to make a final supplier selection.
- Verifying correct details on Bill of Materials and highlight any discrepancies.
- Negotiating pricing, lead times and terms and conditions. Recommending best commercial options to ensure budgets are met.
- Expediting orders as required.
- Liaising with colleagues in Planning and Projects to highlight any issues in achieving requested deliveries.
- Developing good working-relationships with suppliers.
- Preparing pre-tender documents to be issued to suppliers for specific tenders.
Applicants to this role should offer a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar purchasing role.