Our client is seeking a Laboratory Technician on a permanent basis.
The General Laboratory Technician directs and performs verifiable quality assurance tests on company products, prepares laboratory reports prior to service delivery on location, provides advanced technical support with additive selection and the design of drilling, reservoir fluids and completion fluids as well as supervises and mentors personnel and maintains links with the client support labs and / or operating districts, product centres and InTouch. Is considered as an expert testing and fluid selection.
Relationships: Reporting to Laboratory Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Complying with all company and regulatory HS&E and quality and IT standards and policies. Wearing all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and maintaining required HS&E and SQ certifications up-to-date.
- Performing advanced additive selection and design of fluids in assigned sub product line and recommending solutions to improve the process.
- Supervising personnel to ensure equipment is clean and in proper working condition and proper disposal of lab waste. Monitoring the operation, maintenance and calibration of lab equipment.
- Preparing presentations for internal and external clients.
- Mentoring and coaching the less experienced personnel, monitoring their development and acting as a role model for lab personnel.
- Performing regular audits (including CAT Audits) to ensure the lab is operating as per the required standards, preparing and following up on the action plans as a result of the audit.
- Assisting the Laboratory Manager and in ensuring clean, orderly and safe working conditions in the laboratory, disposal of laboratory waste according to properly conducted methods.
- Managing his / her career with guidance from GMTE / DTE and support from Lab Manager.
- Developing an advanced understanding of knowledge management tools through the use of InTouch, LabDB and the Client Support Lab.
- Assisting the GMTE, DTE, product champions and CSL with technical support as required.
- Participating in the district HS&E and quality initiatives and programs (e.g. SOIMs, Risk assessments, quality improvements, emergency response plan, HSE and SQ objectives, LPT and SQC).
- Performing risk analysis and identifying and addressing potential safety hazards. Correcting and reporting hazards immediately in QUEST or to Supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Diploma / Degree in Chemistry.
Special Knowledge & Skills:
- Completion of all SCDP requirements.
- Communication – verbal and written.
- Team work.