Controls Support Engineer - VR/20211
Currently recruiting for an experienced Controls Support Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil & Gas company based in Aberdeenshire. Based on the location, access to a car and a full Driving Licence is essential for this position.
The Controls Support Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Working independently and as part of the Repair and Field Services Team to advise on controls, software and electrical maintenance issues and upgrades.
- Being the Repair and Field Services expert on controls, software and electrical issues for troubleshooting, as well as assisting customers and client Technicians.
- Assisting with the development, improvement and testing of new and existing products.
- Following, reviewing and creating work instructions and procedures for support related activities.
- Providing training and support to Field Service Technicians globally.
- Assisting with the testing of manufactured products.
- Accountable for the timely response and support to customers and Field Technicians.
- Leading training and improvements for Field Technicians.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline would be preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar Controls Support Engineer type role, within the Oil & Gas Industry, is essential.
- Demonstratable working knowledge and understanding of PLC Controls equipment, including Allen Bradley and Siemens, is essential.
- A sound working knowledge of software programming, including experience of testing and troubleshooting in C#, is essential.
- An ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications, and have an understanding of engineering terminologies, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess an understanding of hydraulic systems and schematics.
- Applicants will be expected to possess an understanding of torque equipment.