IT Service Desk Support Technician (Part Time) - VR/20277
Currently recruiting for an experienced IT Service Desk Support Technician on a permanent, part-time basis for an Oil & Gas company based in Aberdeenshire. Initially a part-time role, the hours of work will be 08.30am - 13.00, Monday to Friday, therefore a 22.5-hour working week.
The Service Desk Support Technician is responsible for resolving support requests and escalating to other teams within the IT Department. The Service Desk Support Technician will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Acting as the first point of contact within the helpdesk phone system, and help resolve support calls.
- Diagnosing and resolving end user software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows) and a range of software applications.
- Assisting all users with logged IT related incidents.
- Taking ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes, with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible. Escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Installing and configuring end user IT equipment, including during office moves.
- Resolving incidents with peripherals, such as printers, and working alongside the Networking Team when required.
- Maintaining a first-class level of customer service, ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in a professional manner.
- Communicating effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels within the organisation.
- Exhibiting a flexible approach to working and provide out of hours cover when needed.
- Covering the following IT areas:
- End User software (Windows, Office, Acrobat, AutoCAD, Solidworks, WebEx etc.)
- End User hardware (desktops, laptops, monitors, docking stations, mobile phones etc.)
- Network cabling.
- Asset Management.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Secondary school qualifications are essential.
- Microsoft certified Windows training would be preferred.
- Previous experience in an all-round IT support / Helpdesk / Service Desk type role is essential.
- Experience working in a helpdesk / call centre environment is essential.
- Strong MS Windows & Office skills, as well as having an ability to learn new applications quickly, is essential.
- A sound understanding of TCP / IP and Active Directory (not necessarily in configuration) would be preferred.
- Good customer service / phone skills are essential.