Logistics Operator - VR/20285
Our client based in Dyce has a requirement for a Logistics Coordinator to join their team on a permanent basis.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Inspecting aircraft parts and related certification.
- Managing inventory to ensure availability and accuracy.
- Liaising with external customers and Freight Forwarders to arrange customs clearance and shipping.
- Providing on-call out of hours response for high priority requirements.
- Local deliveries to customers.
- Processing all orders and documentation for outgoing shipments.
Applicants to this role should offer the following:
- Experience in a similar role, with knowledge of logistics processes / procedures.
- Experience of international freight forwarding, inventory / stores management or procurement.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Computer literate – experience in using MS Word / Excel and using SAP or similar.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Confident communicator – ability to communicate with people at all different levels by telephone, email and in person.
- Knowledge of UK Customs regulations would be an advantage.
- Full UK Driving License.
- Ability to work weekend / shifts and on call.
- Current Counterbalance Forklift Certificate – an advantage.