Mechanical Design Engineer - Orcaflex - VR/20292
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil & Gas company based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer – Orcaflex will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing and optimising Company products from initial concept stage through to production in a professional and time efficient manner.
- Producing 3D CAD models and detailing drawings to provide solutions in accordance with client requirements.
- Producing technical reports, detailing work completed and the products produced. This includes, but is not limited to, Hydrodynamic Analysis using Orcaflex, engineering calculations, Finite Element Analysis and CFD.
- Assisting in the development of company design systems, standards and procedures.
- Contributing development ideas for new and existing products in new and existing industries.
- Supporting work for proposals and projects, through working to tight deadlines.
- An Engineering Degree qualification in Mechanical or Structural Engineering. A Degree in Mechanical Engineering would be preferred.
- Or, alternatively an HND qualification in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience in a similar role.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards.
- A minimum of 3 years’ mechanical design engineering experience within the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Strong knowledge, understanding and competency in Hydrodynamic Analysis techniques, preferably using Orcaflex.
- Experience using FEA and 3D CAD software (Inventor preferred).
- Thermal and mechanical FEA experience.
- 5+ years’ mechanical design engineering experience.
- 3 years’ experience in Hydrodynamic Analysis, preferably with the analysis of Mooring systems, Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines.
- Experience with FEA and CFD simulation techniques.
- Programming experience with Visual Basic.
- Composites experience.
- Experience of working with plastics within a design environment.
- Programming and macro derivation experience.
- Experience with the design of buoyancy products.
- Experience with Mathcad.
- Injection moulding experience.