Our client located in the City Centre has a requirement for a Shipping / Forwarding Agent to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to join their team as a Shipping / Forwarding Agent. You will be responsible for undertaking daily agency visits to vessels while in port, dealing with daily requests from vessels and their offices and undertaking HMRC Import and Export procedures.
This role is open to an already experienced Ships Agent or an experienced Freight Forwarder looking for a new challenge.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actioning all vessel requests for equipment and supplies.
- Supervising the discharge and loading of general cargo ships.
- Participating in the continuous improvement of safety and environmental performance and compliance to laws, regulations and industry standards / codes.
- Ensuring the continuous adherence to safety and environmental performance and compliance to all laws, regulations and industry standards / codes.
Applicants to this role should offer the following:
- Experience in Marine Industry / Supply Chain Management / Logistics / Freight Forwarding.
- Experience of working in a shipping agency or freight forwarding environment is strongly preferred although consideration will be given to candidates who have worked in a similar environment locally and who display the aptitude to adapt quickly to the role.
- Knowledge of current HMRC Import and Export procedures.
- Computer literate – Well-developed IT skills across the Microsoft suite: Particularly Office, Excel, and Outlook.
- Customer focused, ideally with a customer service background.
- Ability to prioritise and problem solve.
- Accustomed to working effectively in a fast-paced environment, adapting to changing workloads where high standards are not compromised under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to work flexible hours on an on-call rota scheme which includes weekend and bank holidays, covering various ports in the North and North East of Scotland.
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.