Currently recruiting for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer on a permanent staff basis based in Aberdeen.
Working within the Digital and Transformation Team, the Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for the creation of dashboarding and analytical content across the company. This includes the creation of content within Power BI, as well as designing and implementing content within third party hosted systems. In addition, the Business Intelligence Developer will manage the data architecture within Azure to make best use of their digital commodities.
The Business Intelligence Developer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Designing, building and deploying analytical content.
- Maintaining and supporting the Company’s Data Architecture within Azure.
- Creating visualisations and reports for requested projects.
- Inputting to effective testing strategies to ensure testing is robust and documented.
- Designing and implementing interfaces with third party systems.
- Designing and implementing effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
- Identifying Data Liberation and Data Stewardship opportunities.
- Preparing accurate database design and architecture reports for Management and Executive Teams.
- Documenting best practice procedures.
- Creating training material, as well as organising and hosting lunch and learn sessions.
- Working with project stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure project delivery meets stakeholder expectations.
- Assisting Project Teams with effective Agile, Scrum and DevOps practices.
Experience / Qualifications:
- The suitable candidate is required to know how to examine new system requirements and implement data migration models.
- Previous experience in developing & deploying content within Azure and Power BI, web service / socket interfacing and data modelling (SQL and NoSQL) is essential.
- Applicants will ideally have proven experience in data modelling and data analytics.
- A degree qualification in Computer Science (BSc), or another relevant discipline, would be preferred.