Design Engineer (Subsea Trees) - VR/20322
Currently recruiting for an experienced Design Engineer (Subsea Trees) on a permanent staff basis for a large Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Design Engineer will have following main duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing design concept feasibility and calculations.
- Preforming engineering activities as defined in department procedures and work instructions that include:
- Assisting with the review of assigned sales orders.
- Investigating and replying to field problem reports.
- Providing technical support for Sales Department.
- Reviewing non-conformance reports.
- Preparing, reviewing and approving design drawings and technical specification sheet.
- Preparing and reviewing design, checking layouts and function test reports.
- Creating new product designs and improving on existing product designs.
- Responsible for test procedure writing and prototype construction, as required.
- Liaising with relevant departments.
- Attending / participating in project and customer meetings and presenting specific aspects of engineering assignments.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline is essential.
- Previous mechanical design engineering experience, within the Oil and Gas industry, is essential.
- Previous and specific design engineering experience with subsea trees would be highly desirable.