Global Distribution Coordinator - VR/20510
Our client is seeking a Global Distribution Coordinator to join their team on a permanent basis.
In this role the successful candidate will coordinate the movement of freight by air, road and sea in support of the business operations domestically and worldwide.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Accurately creating / compiling required paperwork for the import / export of shipments in accordance with regulations.
- Ensuring freight providers have complied with import clearance instructions.
- Selecting the appropriate method of transportation based on availability, priority and value.
- First point of contact: responsible for direct liaison with providers – freight forwarders; courier and haulier companies to ensure specific shipping requirements are always adhered to.
- Monitoring all shipping activities and providing updates to the end user.
- Managing freight spend and continuously exploring opportunities to reduce costs.
- Ensuring accurate information and data is recorded in accordance with departmental procedures.
- A strong Supply Chain / Freight Forwarding background.
- Minimum of 2 years freight forwarding experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – able to liaise with internal customers and externals service providers, worldwide.
- Experience in using ERP systems (ie SAP).
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages.
- Knowledge of Customs and Excise – import / export procedures, tax / duty relief schemes etc.