A leading independent E&P company has a requirement for a Contracts Engineer with wells experience to join them on a contract basis for a period of 12 months. In this role you will support the management of executed contracts through project to contract close-out.
As Contracts Engineer, you will also be responsible for the implementation of the company’s contracting requirements of wells equipment and services for drilling campaigns. You will be working as a key member of the team tasked with implementing contracting requirements, whilst also ensuring that expenditure and commitments are made in a cost-effective manner with all risks understood and mitigated where possible.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and implementing ITT packages.
- Analysing, evaluating and clarifying proposals.
- Negotiating contracts; terms and conditions, risk allocation, and remuneration formats in line with strategy.
- Preparing final contract documents through to execution of final contract.
- Administering the contract through its life-cycle including long term performance management where applicable.
- Raising purchase orders / call offs.
- Assurance of all contract documentation requirements for new contracts.
- Maintenance of existing contract documentation.
- Managing and updating SCM databases.
- Analysing data to support contracting strategies, demand planning and management information.
Applicants to this role should offer the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role (ideally with an Oil and Gas Operator).
- Knowledge of standard forms of contracts, conditions and conventions prevalent in North Sea Oil and Gas.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build / maintain positive working relationships.
- Strong IT skills are essential – experience of Maximo would be ideal.
This is an opportunity to join a leading, reputable Oil and Gas Operator with business interests in the UK and across the globe; a company that puts its core values at the heart of all day-to-day activities.