Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Process Engineer on a contract basis for an Oil & Gas Operator based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
This is a backfill position and the contract will likely last for 12 months. The role will likely involve occasional offshore visits; therefore, applicants must be willing to work offshore.
Reporting to the Lead Process Engineer, the Senior Process Engineer will be involved in the following main areas:
- Direct technical support.
- Technical study work.
- Engineering design of plant modifications.
- Analysing and resolving production issues to achieve timely resolution and minimise production shortfalls.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Site Support:
- Providing site operations and SMART room personnel with direct technical support, ensuring continual cost-effective improvement of process equipment in support of maximising production safely.
- Analysing and resolving production / process issues utilising appropriate techniques.
- In collaboration with the Production Chemistry Team, monitoring the performance of chemical treatments on the asset.
- RFM Process:
- Proposing and justifying modifications to improve safety, reliability, efficiency, production, environmental and cost performance.
- Providing support to the site and to Maintenance and Inspection discipline Engineers to ensure timely and effective delivery of modifications, including initiation of cases, design and engineering. Assisting with the preparation of work packs, implementation on site and close-out.
- Process Engineering and Studies:
- Performing process studies for plant modifications related to process discipline or multi-discipline.
- Ensuring preparation of clear, concise and comprehensive RFM dossiers, and effective handover to Asset Maintenance Team or third party engineering company for detailed engineering and implementation.
- When relevant, reviewing and commenting on RFM dossiers.
- Ensuring appropriate process engineering input to HAZOPs, HAZIDs, risk assessments, SIL assessments and other technical safety assessments / audits, both during the actual assessment and during subsequent action resolution.
- Ensuring appropriate process engineering input to commercial and development studies carried out by the Performance and Growth Team.
- Ensuring appropriate engineering assistance to Shutdown Team.
- Liaising with TA with regard to process engineering requirements, rules and specifications.
- Providing technical guidance and check work progress for other team members.
- Management of third party vendors:
- Preparing scopes of work for third party vendor / consultancy services to carry out study and modification work.
- Undertaking technical bid evaluations on third party proposals.
- Providing support for preparation of SAP requisitions for the procurement of materials and third party services.
- Managing the interface between third parties and site operations.
- Monitoring progress of third parties carrying out study / design and engineering work to ensure timely and cost-effective resolution of production / safety / integrity issues.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in Chemical / Process Engineering is essential.
- 6-10 years’ process / production engineering experience, within the Oil & Gas Industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an Oil & Gas Operator, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to possess a broad knowledge of onshore / offshore process and production systems, as well as flow assurance issues.
- Applicants will be expected to possess current / valid offshore certification.