Cost Accountant - VR/16565
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen with a fairly new entrant to the Aberdeen Market. Due to an internal promotion, our client are looking to add a Cost Accountant to their team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role sits apart from the Finance Team so is stand-alone in nature. It’s a high profile position within the office and will allow exposure to Senior Managers within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysing variances and resolving potential problems with appropriate budget holders, making appropriate recommendations.
- Providing relevant and accurate financial and accounting advice and consultancy, including guidance and direction on company procedure, legislative compliance requirements and changes and amendments to all employees with budgetary responsibilities.
- Preparing and producing management reports for both internal Management and external stakeholders.
- Participating in internal and external forums requiring a finance presence, providing positive contributions, completion of actions and timely reporting back to other department members and appropriate employees.
- Undertaking assigned projects and investigations, providing realistic recommendations in line with legislative and business requirements, and to improve overall service.
- Supporting statutory and commercial audits as required.
- Assisting Finance and Contracts Administrator to ensure effective and efficient invoice administration.
The ideal applicant will be a qualified Accountant, with the ability to communicate financial information to financial and non-financial managers. There will be some travel expected.