Financial Planning Analyst - VR/16620
Permanent opportunity for a Financial Planning Analyst. Seeking candidates ideally with a background in cost control and/or as a Financial Controller/Project Controller, gained within the oil and gas industry. Candidates with a professional accountancy qualification will be preferred.
FP&A is responsible for financial management, providing financial support to the Group Controller and Operations Managers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for financial management and profitability of Product Line.
- Responsible for monitoring working capital.
- Assessing customers for credit limit, identifying at risk receivables and following up.
- Understanding of inventory processes.
- Highlighting trends on cost inflation and identifying opportunities to save/reduce spend.
- Working closely with Operations to ensure compliance with local laws.
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Reviewing tenders, contractual terms and evaluate.
- Identifying Vendor re-pricing opportunities and participating in major contract negotiation with Supply Chain.
- Coordinating the preparation of all financial forecasts.
- Reviewing and examining the financial impact of new and existing investment opportunities.
- Training line managers to interpret and understand financial statements and principles, and coaching them regarding key business drivers.
- Completing/reviewing monthly financial reporting, monitoring results versus objectives, highlighting underlying reason for variances and suggesting corrective actions wherever required.