Shift Electrical Maintenance Engineer (FMCG) - VR/17369
Currently recruiting for an experienced Shift Electrical Maintenance Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a food production company based in Aberdeenshire.
The Shift Electrical Maintenance Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for planned and preventative maintenance and development of PPM’s where possible.
- Resolving machine breakdowns to ensure maximum line efficiency of the production process.
- Assisting in maintaining the engineering stores by identifying parts and raising parts requisition forms for repairs and stock replenishment.
- Ensuring stores booking in and out procedures are being adhered to.
- Responsible for ensuring current practices meet, and where possible exceed, Health and Safety and Food Safety standards.
Qualifications / Experience:
- A formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds or ONC / HNC level - or an equivalent level of extensive experience working as an Engineer within a manufacturing / production environment - is essential.
- Previous and specific experience in a similar hands-on Electrical Maintenance Engineer position within an FMCG environment is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar hands-on Electrical Maintenance Engineer role within the Food Production Industry would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with the maintenance of modern processing plant machinery would be preferred.
- Previous experience with food processing equipment would be desirable.
- Applicants will be expected to be able to use electrical test equipment, read schematic diagrams and have experience in single and 3 phase installations including motors, inverters and PLC’s.
- There will be a requirement to work a shift rotation so applicants must be prepared to work shifts. Shift Electrical Maintenance Engineers work an 8 day shift pattern, which involves working 4 consecutive shifts of 12 hours per day, followed by 4 consecutive days off, rotating on a fortnightly basis between dayshift and backshift. Dayshift is 6.00am to 6.00pm and nightshift is 6.00pm to 6.00am.