Currently recruiting for an experienced Package Responsible Engineer - Rigid Pipelines on a 6-month contract basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen. The client is ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice.
The Package Responsible Engineer will coordinate fabrication and component purchasing activities, related to subsea rigid pipelines. He / she will act as the interface coordinator between the Project Management Team, Firing Line Engineering Team, Spoolbase Operations Team, and any third party on aspects related to pipeline fabrication. The Package Responsible Engineer will coordinate and / or produce purchasing specifications for rigid pipelines and ancillary items.
The Package Responsible Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- The Package Responsible Engineer is expected to assist the Lead Rigid Pipeline Engineer in coordinating, on behalf of the Project Team, all aspects associated with rigid pipeline pre-production activities. This includes coordination of all deliverables with all relevant stakeholders in the pre-production phase. The relevant tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with coordination and definition of the rigid pipelines MTO and associated production documentation.
- Detailed definition and implementation of the fabrication strategy on a rigid pipelines project.
- Writing of scope of work and request for quotation documents, including any associated technical documentation.
- Technical review of supplier offers and / or coordination of technical review by technical experts.
- Coordinating procurement and fabrication of the rigid pipeline scope.
- Depending of the size of on-going scopes, the Package Responsible Engineer may be expected to follow up on more than one project or tender at any 1 time.
- The Package Responsible Engineer may at times be temporarily assigned to other aspects of the rigid pipeline discipline, which may include site / offshore visits as required.
- Coordinating all aspects of pre-production engineering. This includes, but is not limited to, the following elements:
- Ensuring that the spoolbase scope of work is issued and agreed between stakeholders.
- Ensuring that scheduling for pre-production works are aligned between stakeholders.
- Organisation of interface meetings between key stakeholders (PMT, Client, Spoolbase, etc.) during the pre-production phase.
- Interfacing on pre-production stage documentation.
- Coordinating with spoolbase of engineering specific details on fabrication methodology statements.
- Ensuring timely delivery and production of key fabrication drawings, such as flange pup pieces or stalk sheets.
- Coordinating client queries and comments during the pre-production phase.
- Organisation of the pre-production meeting, jointly with the spoolbase Coordinator, to ensure a smooth transition towards the production phase of the project.
Qualifications / Experience:
- A Degree qualification in Mechanical or Civil Engineering would be preferred.
- Additional post-graduate qualification(s) in subsea or pipeline related engineering would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Package Responsible Engineer type role, within the Rigid Pipelines field, is essential.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant project engineering experience is essential.
- Experience of rigid pipeline design, fabrication and / or deployment would be preferred.
- Operational or tendering experience would be preferred.