Commercial Advisor - VR/18367
We are working with our client, an oil and gas exploration company based in Aberdeen, on a requirement for an experienced Commercial Advisor to join their team.
The Commercial Advisor is responsible for providing a complete range of commercial support on the delivery of asset strategies, contractual compliance and performance measurement targets. The role is critical in enabling positive change and continuous improvement within the business.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Advising and managing commercial and contractual obligations of existing agreements.
- Negotiating new commercial agreements.
- Providing commercial expertise to support the delivery of asset strategies and contractual performance.
- Liaising with join venture partners, regulators and industry bodies to ensure successful development and implementation of commercial agreements.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders and senior staff regarding proposals, status updates and the terms of new commercial agreements.
- Providing support to joint venture management activity, representing the company on commercial matters.
Applicants to this role should offer the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role, with good UK sector industry knowledge, experience of negotiation contracts and a sound understanding of upstream economics.
- A degree qualification in commercial, financial, or engineering discipline would be ideal.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and problem-solving skills.