Senior Logistics / Customs Officer - VR/18440
Our client, based north of Aberdeen, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Logistics / Customs Officer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The post-holder will be responsible for the preparation of documentation – ensuring paperwork for import / export of shipments is accurate, in line with country-specific regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Exporting invoices, certificates of origin, dangerous good declarations.
- Allocating correct customs procedure code.
- Selecting the most appropriate method of transportation.
- Monitoring shipping process and update the end-user on progress.
- Anticipating and resolving typical issues associated with freight movements (both domestic and international)
- Managing freight spend, obtaining quotations and allocating freight costs accordingly.
- Updating import and exports logs, in accordance with HMRC requirements.
- Issuing clearance instructions to Freight Forwarder.
- Completing and submitting the bill of discharge for IPR and end use authorisation on a monthly basis.
- Completing checks on all import and export declarations, in accordance with HMRC guidelines.
- Assisting with HMRC applications regarding the renewal of authorisations (End Use, IPR etc.).
- Issuing Intrastat reports to HMRC on a monthly basis.
Applicants to this position should offer the following:
- Strong background in Logistics / Freight Forwarding, with knowledge of Customs and Excise (including import / export procedures, schemes such as End Use and IPR, Intrastat and Tariff Codes).
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Experience of working with ERP systems – SAP in particular would be beneficial.