Senior Lawyer - VR/18459
Based in Westhill, our oil and gas operator client is looking for a Senior Lawyer to support the existing Legal Team on a permanent basis.
Main duties include:
- Providing legal support to all group entities within the UK.
- Negotiating legal and contractual matters with third parties, taking responsibility for the building and management of relationships with third parties, and providing high quality legal input on complex matters, in order to achieve a successful outcome.
- Ensuring clarity of understanding of the commercial and legal requirements of the business, providing legal and commercially aware advice and preparing legal documentation for negotiation.
- Coordinating large and complex legal / commercial matters, managing documentation and securing appropriate input from multiple sources, checking all documentation (including third party documentation), advising on associated legal and other matters, ensuring that all documents are available on time and arranging meetings as appropriate to ensure smooth progress and successful conclusion of the matter.
- Providing detailed advice and guidance on specific matters, based on a full understanding of the matter and including detailing options and consequences, to enable colleagues to make legal and commercial decisions based on considered and measured risks.
Qualifications/ Experience required:
- Experience, including practicing at a senior level as a Commercial Lawyer, gained in private practice or industry (minimum 10 years qualified), preferably with 7 years or more experience of legal practice as an upstream oil and gas Lawyer.
- Recognised as an industry expert with a thorough knowledge of the nature of the oil and gas industry.
A full job description is available. To have a confidential discussion on this opportunity, please call Laura Ross on 01224 32000