Currently recruiting for an experienced Principal Naval Architect on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Principal Naval Architect will be required to contribute to the safe, efficient and cost-effective planning and execution of the company’s undertakings by way of leading engineering design, analysis and offshore support, whilst guiding and mentoring a team of Naval Architects and Engineers.
The Principal Naval Architect will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting Engineering Manager in developing and enhancing the capability of the Engineering Team.
- Leading response to tenders and work requests.
- Ensuring quality of work and deliverables.
- Identifying skill gaps within the Engineering Team and taking proactive measures to fill the gaps.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in industry codes and standards on mooring systems design.
- Providing technical advice in response to internal / external queries related to mooring systems design.
- Interfacing with clients, vendors and third-party contractors as required.
- Reviewing and approving engineering analyses and deliverables.
- Undertaking quality assurance activities and lead efforts to improve the existing system.
- Attending client meetings, inspections, tests etc as required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in Naval Architecture, or a relevant Engineering discipline, is essential.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within the Oil and Gas Industry is essential.
- Previous and specific experience in a similar Principal / Lead Naval Architect type role within the Oil and Gas Industry is essential.
- A strong understanding of offshore operations, primarily related to mooring systems installation, is essential.
- In depth knowledge of industry codes and standards on mooring systems design is essential.
- Project management experience - including tendering, financial, scheduling and creating deliverables – is essential.
- Previous experience in leading a team and guiding team members is essential.
- Experience in creating and reviewing Orcaflex models on moorings / risers / subsea installations is essential.
- Experience in offshore installation projects would be preferred.
- Experience in mooring analysis software (such as Romeo / Gmoor32) would be preferred.
- Experience in marine warranty services would be preferred.
- Experience in structural analysis and hydrodynamics would be preferred.
- Applicants must be open to occasional international travel and it would be preferred if applicants currently hold valid offshore certification.