Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Structural Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas company based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Structural Engineer will be required to contribute to the safe, efficient and cost-effective planning and execution of the company’s undertakings by way of leading engineering design, analysis and offshore support.
The Senior Structural Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Developing and enhancing the company’s structural engineering capability.
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities in collaboration with the Business Development Manager.
- Leading response to relevant work requests.
- Assisting in the preparation of the company’s response to invitations to tender.
- Guiding and mentoring the Engineering Team.
- Ensuring quality of structural work and deliverables.
- Reviewing and approving structural analyses and deliverables.
- Supporting company warranty services as necessary.
- Providing technical advice in response to internal / external queries related to structural design.
- Attending offshore operations, sea-fastening / load-out meetings etc as required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline is essential.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in structural design is essential.
- Previous and specific experience in a Senior Structural Engineer / Structural Engineer type role within the oil and gas industry is essential.
- In depth knowledge of industry codes and standards on structural design is essential.
- Project management experience – including tendering, financial, scheduling and creating deliverables – is essential.
- Experience in leading a team and guiding team members is essential.
- Experience in the creation and review of structural analysis models is essential.
- Experience with structural analysis software (preferably Strand7) would be preferred.
- Experience in marine warranty services would be preferred.
- Previous offshore experience would be preferred.
- Applicants must be open to occasional international / offshore work.
- In addition to carrying out the necessary engineering work, the client is ideally looking to take on someone who is capable of bringing in work as well.