Payroll Officer - VR/18333
Experienced Payroll Officer required for a public sector organisation based in the city centre. Candidates must assist in the accurate and timely processing of monthly payroll ensuring all payments are correct and compliant with polices and HMRC requirements.
- Processing monthly payroll.
- Ensuring compliance of all payroll requirements (income tax / NI / SSP / SMP).
- Handling telephone and email correspondence.
- Communicating with HR / Finance and other departments to ensure the accurate input of financial data.
- Using software packages to process pension and payroll.
- Monitoring accuracy of pensions.
- Supporting internal / external audits.
- Covering when Payroll Manager is on annual leave – leading to the supervision of department.
- Hard working individual with a positive attitude towards tasks.
- A self-starter who works well in a team environment.
- Previous payroll experience is essential.