Currently recruiting for an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will design, implement and maintain fit-for-purpose technical solutions for internal clients based on business requirements in line with the technology architecture and standards.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Analysing the business needs to specific technology solutions.
- Reviewing of functional and non-functional requirements on consistency.
Technical Design and Implementation:
- Designing technology solutions within architecture guidelines.
- Maintaining documentation of technical design of solutions.
- Managing delivery of technical solutions based on defined acceptance criteria.
- Leading and / or participating in technology projects in line with the defined IT Governance models and based on applicable project management principles.
Innovation and Optimisation:
- Proposing innovative solutions to reduce complexity and / or costs of ownership of technology services.
- Ensuring embedding of accepted innovations in technology roadmaps.
- Maintaining knowledge of ICT infrastructure architectures and solutions, including required certification levels.
- Analysing internal and external developments with regards to IT solutions.
- Assessing business change requests and communicate the impacts, trade-offs, risks, costs, benefits and opportunities of IT solutions with services providers (internal and / or external).
- Monitoring the implementation of changes by maintaining a change calendar together with the service providers (internal and / or external).
- Participating in relevant IT projects.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Degree qualification in an IT discipline would be preferred.
- Relevant product certifications (MSCE, Oracle, CISCO etc) would be preferred.
- Previous and specific experience in an IT Infrastructure Engineer type role is essential.
- Extensive hands-on technical IT experience is essential.
- Substantial hands-on experience of Service Level Management is essential.
- Experience in service management support is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to be able to effectively translate business requirements into technology solutions and / or service KPI’s.
- Applicants will be expected to possess experience in the following areas:
- Cisco WAN, LAN, WLAN.
- Active Directory Domain Services.
- MS Wintel Server.
- MS SQL Server.
- MS Exchange.
- MS SCCM & McAfee ePO.