Development Engineer - Technology - VR/18633
Currently recruiting for an experienced Development Engineer - Technology on a contract basis for an Oil and Gas company based in Aberdeen.
The contract will likely last around 4-5 months and the client are ideally looking to take on someone who is available at short notice.
The Development Engineer – Technology will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Head of Technology, this role is responsible for reviewing UK Continental Shelf (UKCS) marginal field resources, and understanding which advanced concepts and technologies may improve technical performance and economic returns from prospective developments.
- The Development Engineer will maintain a database of UKCS marginal discoveries, tracking the industry’s progress with field opportunities, until a formal development planning process is commenced by the operator.
- In parallel, the Development Engineer will maintain lists of critical technologies which are able to enhance new developments (greenfield and brownfield), ranking technologies by their potential impact and whether these are available or yet to be fully developed.
- Working with colleagues from other teams, the Development Engineer will participate in reviews and will assist operators in identifying optimal technologies for upcoming field developments.
- With the rest of the Technology Team, the Development Engineer will engage with the Technology Leadership Board to advise on top priorities for UKCS technology developments.
- The Development Engineer will be responsible for analysis, reports and presentations on the UKCS marginal fields and assistive technologies for field development.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An MSc / MEng Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline (Chemical, Mechanical, Petroleum, Electrical etc).
- Previous experience in a similar Development Engineer – Technology role within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- A minimum of 5 years’ Oil and Gas Industry experience in the evaluation of field development opportunities and development project planning, including technology screening and selection.
- A total of at least 10 years’ experience in technical roles within the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Proven analytical skills, advanced Excel skills, and experience in using technical software (e.g. process, mechanical, or reservoir engineering).
- Experience in technology development from either industry or research institutions.
- (Co)authored technical or business reports for internal use, conferences or publication.