Contracts Engineer - VR/18657
Our client, based just outside of Aberdeen, has an opportunity for a Contracts Engineer to join their Commercial Team on a permanent basis.
The Contracts Engineer is responsible for all commercial and contractual activities associated with preparation, submission and negotiation of tender proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with the Business Development Team as required to take receipt of tender documentation.
- Reviewing and acknowledging Invitation to Tender (ITT) documentation, distributing to relevant departments and holding internal review meetings as per the tender process.
- Compiling and managing all pre-and-post tender client clarifications in relation to the tender submission.
- Chairing internal meetings related to the tendering process.
- Collating, reviewing, distributing and managing subcontract ITTs and negotiating the best commercial value with lowest risk for inclusion in the tender submission.
- Compiling and managing all pricing documentation and any other associated documentation required.
- Highlighting any major commercial, contractual or financial risks or issues relating to the tender submission and working with the relevant personnel to ensure optimum solution.
- Compiling and managing all commercial and contractual qualifications for the tender submission and reviewing all technical qualifications.
- Providing all commercial and contractual advice to the Management Team including historical data to assist with the pricing strategy of the tender.
- Attending and participating in Client negotiation meetings as / if required and preparing and distributing minutes accordingly.
- Reviewing, executing and distributing all contractual documentation as required including obtaining all necessary approvals.
- Assisting with facilitating any project bonds, guarantees and insurances required by main contract.
- Ensuring proper handover of all tender documents in the event of Contract Award.
Applicants to this role should offer the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role, with sound knowledge of commercial / contractual activities associated with tender proposals – ideally within the oil and gas industry.
- Educated to degree level – preferably within Law, Business or Quantity Surveying.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to handle a high and varied workload and thrive when working under pressure.