Lead Production Chemist (12-month contract) - VR/18700
Our client is looking for a Lead Production Chemist on a 12-month contract, starting in January 2019. The role is to be based in Aberdeen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct management of all production chemistry related matters for field development and production operations across the UKBU and other BUs as required.
- Responsible for management and guidance on scale, separation, asphaltenes, wax, calcium naphthenate, gas and oil contaminants and all other production chemical risks including collation of associated procedures, strategies and guidelines.
- Mentoring, supporting and managing of other company Production Chemist and Chemical supply contract Account Managers.
- Onshore Production Chemistry support and troubleshooting – providing specific advice and guidance to appropriate onshore disciplines and offshore personnel.
- Management of offshore Production Chemical applications including monitoring, optimisation and reporting ensuring execution in a safe and efficient manner.
- Coordinating and management of offshore and onshore laboratory sampling and analysis including monitoring, trending and reporting.
- Giving support to Environmental Department on chemical, OIW discharge and EU ETS permits including direct responsibility for training, sampling and reporting.
- Regulatory compliance for gas export and export pipeline entry.
- Proved support to Marketing Team with particular emphasis on trader crude assays and crude oil contaminants.
- Key contract and CAPEX / OPEX budget management.
- Solid and considerable experience (10 year ) of working in a similar role in the upstream oil and gas industry preferable at some stage with an Operator.
- Extensive knowledge of all key Production Chemical and Flow Assurance risks.
- Experience in field development and commissioning.
- Management and mentoring of other Production Chemists and relevant support roles.
- Proficient in Technical authorship of Production Chemical documentation including procedures and detailed technical notes.