Legal & Contracts Assistant - VR/18703
Our client has a requirement for a Legal and Contracts Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis to provide support to the Senior Legal Counsel.
The Legal and Contracts Assistant will provide support to the Senior Legal Counsel on legal issues and contractual documentation for multiple geographic regions.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and controlling all existing contractual documentation.
- Reviewing the terms and conditions of ITTs, RFQs etc.
- Preparing contractual documentation.
- Reviewing and evaluating third party contractual documentation. Identifying and mitigating potential risks.
- Maintaining legal and contracts systems / database.
- Management of company insurance requirements and insurance claims.
- Management of disputes, litigation, insurance claims, and customer debts.
- Completion / management for due diligence questionnaires.
- Legal research and general contracts administration.
Applicants to this role should offer the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role within a Legal / Contracts Department.
- Experience in reviewing, revising and negotiating oil service industry contracts (i.e. LOGIC).
- An understanding of oil and gas service industry contracting terms.
- Degree qualification in Law or a Paralegal qualification would be preferred.
- Knowledge of compliance issues, including anti-corruption, trade sanctions, modern slavery, and GDPR.