Senior Environment Engineer - VR/18727
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Environment Engineer on a contract basis for an Oil and Gas Operator based in Aberdeen. The contract will initially run until November 2019, however, it’s a core position, therefore the contract will likely get extended.
Although primarily and onshore based role, there will be a requirement to work offshore on occasion, therefore applicants must be prepared to work offshore. Reporting to the HSE Manager, the Senior Environment Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Safe operations of the asset, as well as the area of Shared Services allocated to the asset (Projects and Geosciences).
- Preparing and submitting to regulator all relevant environmental permits for on and offshore operations including, but not limited to, MAT, SAT, OCR, OPPC, IPPC, OPEP, EUETS, COMAH, CAR Licences and PPC.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with legislation, regulatory requirements and company rules related to the environment within the asset.
- Accountable for providing specialist direction in ISO14001 certified Environment Management System matters.
- Accountable for the provision of technical environmental expertise to Field Operations, Performance and Growth, Geosciences, Wells Construction and Maintenance within the asset.
- Accountable for promoting environmental best practice within the asset and minimising the potential for damage to the company’s reputation.
- Providing environmental expertise and advice to Asset Field Operations, Performance and Growth, Geosciences, Wells Construction and Maintenance Teams.
- Responsible for providing support to site based HSE professionals and working with them on common objectives.
- Responsible for the input of Environmental objectives into the annual asset HSE improvement plan.
- Responsible for the input of Environmental audits into the annual asset audit plan through a risk-based assessment, looking at areas such as legal compliance and incident trends.
- Responsible for input into the annual monitoring plan for the asset.
- Responsible for implementation of the work programme for ISO14001 certification, including on and offshore surveillance / re-certification audits within the asset.
- Responsible for conducting monitoring activities and audits in accordance with the asset plans.
- Responsible for ensuring the Asset Aspects and Impacts Register is kept up to date and for providing the necessary technical input to operations to achieve this.
- Responsible for the production of appropriate Level 3 and Level 4 procedures and related training materials for environment. This may require spending a period of time on the operational site during roll-out and implementation.
- Responsible for liaison with Regulatory bodies (BEIS, SEPA, etc.): permitting regime, regulatory inspections etc. Ensuring compliance with country specific environmental legislation and company rules in line with continuous improvement principles.
- Facilitating accident investigation / root cause analysis.
- Accountable for daily, weekly, monthly, bi-annual, annual and ad hoc environmental reporting for the asset (internal and external).
- Managing preparation of Environmental Statements for new developments.
- Chairing onshore Environmental Focus Team meetings involving personnel from various disciplines.
- Trained member of the Oil Spill Response Group in the event of a major spill.
- Following up of environmental incidents via Stre@m.
- Responsible for the HSE evaluation of contractors during the ITT process and the follow up of any recommendations made during the HSE evaluation.
- Contributing to budgets and plans for work activities and assisting in cost control.
- Providing technical input on contractor / consultant selection in contracts with an environmental management element.
- Representing company in industry committees and specialist forums involving legislative authorities and other oil and gas operators.
Qualifications / Experience:
- A degree qualification in an Engineering / Technical discipline is essential.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas Industry, including offshore / site experience, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Environmental Engineer / Advisor type role, within the Oil and Gas Industry, is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of offshore / terminal plant & equipment and maintenance systems is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.