Currently recruiting for an experienced IT 3rd Line Support Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a company based in north Aberdeenshire.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the 3rd Line Support Engineer will be responsible for Microsoft Office 365 / Cloud / Azure servers. The successful candidate will provide a high level of expertise across a wide range of company focussed solutions based on cloud implementation.
The 3rd Line Support Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Taking ownership of issues escalated.
- Managing incidents through to resolution.
- Advising clients on IT strategy.
- Planning and scheduling maintenance to servers.
- Responsibility for the monitoring / reporting of servers.
- Ensuring all documentation is up to date and highlighting areas which require improvement.
- Ensuring the technical validity of server related projects and liaising with sales as to any queries.
- Providing assistance to Service Delivery Manager and Technical Lead.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Communicating with clients through email, written proposal and company telecoms.
- Understanding processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Entering all work as activities or service tickets in ConnectWise.
- Mentoring junior members of the Support Team.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Previous and specific experience in a similar IT 3rd Line Support Engineer type role is essential.
- A minimum of 5 years’ IT experience is essential and applicants will ideally hold MCSE / MCITP and CCNA qualifications.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 / Azure, VMware vSphere is essential and applicants will also ideally hold relevant certification in these areas.
- Experience in Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking, with CISMP or CISM qualifications, would be preferred.
- Applicants will be expected to have experience / knowledge in most of the following areas:
- VMware vSphere 4.x , installation and configuration.
- NAS and SAN storage, installation and configuration.
- MS Office 365 / Azure.
- Active Directory.
- DNS (local).
- Microsoft Windows Server, working knowledge up to 2016 server.
- Microsoft Exchange Server, working knowledge up to 2016 server.
- Microsoft SQL Server, working knowledge up to 2016 server.
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems.
- Patch management.
- Anti-Virus management.
- Server backup configuration and management.
- TCP / IP Advanced – IP addressing experience.
- Routing – dynamic and static experience.
- Switching experience.
- Office 365 experience.