Our client has a vacancy for a Project Waste Material Coordinator to join them on a fixed term contract for 6 months.
The Project Waste Material Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and managing all decommissioning material control operations for the assigned project and the daily management of waste contractor as required.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that Waste Material Control activities fully comply with current legislation and safe systems of work as per established Decommissioning process.
- Managing the interfaces between onshore/offshore project teams and waste disposal contractor and their associated sub-contractors.
- Providing logistical and documentary support necessary for the movement of decommissioning materials from the vessel to quayside.
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records of materials transactions and logistics activities.
- Optimising the offloading and storage utilisation with waste contractor to minimise vessel time.
- Preparing and issuing documentation in accordance with regulations governing the shipment of goods classified as dangerous for shipment by land, air or sea when applicable.
- Providing support to the Project in all aspects of the decommissioning process with reference to waste management and handling expertise.
Applicants to this role should offer the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role, with knowledge and experience of quayside logistics and demobilisations in the Oil and Gas Industry for a wide range of goods and services, particularly within the subsea construction and decommissioning environment.
- An understanding of current regulations and guidelines for disposal of waste recovered from offshore in the UKCS.
- Competence in the use/shipment of Dangerous Goods preferably radioactive material consigned by Road/Sea.
- Experience of completing transfer of waste documentation.
- Excellent understanding and skills of Excel and meticulous attention to detail for data input.
- Experience of managing sub-contractors.
- Experience of decommissioning legislation and practices.
- Experience of NORM handling principals and precautions.
- A thorough understanding of logistics procedures and current HMRC legislation.
Relevant experience of providing QA/QC advice in a dynamic project/company environment.